Ads 468x60px

Thursday, August 4, 2011

EPIC Day...EPIC Pasta Dish

Greetings Everyone!

Hope this post finds you happy and healthy!

I had a very busy day today which consisted of work, church meetings, and showing up a day early for one of my dog/house sitting clients (doh!) 

However I am so happy to say that I was still able to maintain a healthy diet and exercise schedule.  It is working because it is tailor to my life.  I cannot stress enough the importance of being yourself and making things work for you.

So my food and exercise journals were as follows for the day:

Food Journal

Breakfast: Coffee with creamer, Oikos Greek Yogurt with Honey.

Lunch:  Chicken Tetrazini and 1 cup of grape tomatoes

Snacks:  Ice Pop, Pickles (0 calories), Trail Mix, and Detox Tea

Dinner: Dinner was so wonderful I just had to share pictures and the recipe.  I also had half a glass of wine as well to drink.


 Skillet White Beans, Spinach & Tomatoes over Rigatoni

Nutrition Info

  • Calories: 318.7
  • Fat: 5.0g
  • Carbohydrates: 55.4g
  • Protein: 13.4g

Ingredients

2 tsp olive oil
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
2 cans diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano (do not drain)
1 can any white beans (I use Great Northern or Navy usually)
1 package fresh spinach
6 cups cooked rigatoni

6 Tablespoons Romano or Parmesan cheese (grated)

Directions



1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet.
2. In a separate pan start boiling water for rigatoni and get the rigatoni cooked while you continue.
3. Add garlic, saute for a minute or so.
4. Add tomatoes and beans and bring to a boil.
5. Cover with spinach, top with lid, reduce heat to low and simmer about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
6. Spoon tomato/beans/spinach mixture over rigatoni and sprinkle with cheese.
This makes 6 servings of 1 cup of pasta, 1 cup of sauce and 1 tablespoon of cheese.

Number of Servings: 6
Make enough to make more than one meal.  This is a great idea if you are trying to save money on food!

(I will be having this yummy dish for tomorrow's lunch and dinner as well as Saturday's lunch!!)




Two Thumbs Way Way UP!!



Recipe was provided by: SparkRecipes.com


Water Intake:  8/8oz glasses


Exercise Journal

Chasing, Playing, and Taking care of 3 and 4 year olds
10 mins of Yoga

I love doing Yoga to end my day.  It just helps me to completely relax.  To help set the mood I always light 4 candles.  They each stand for Faith, Hope, Love, and the largest candle symbolizes God and the light that he shines upon us every single day!



Here is to a wonderful day!!

Blessings to you all!

XOXO
Remember Phil. 4:13,
Laura


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Photobucket

Sample Text