Ads 468x60px

Monday, February 6, 2012

Breakfast Time: Make Ahead Breakfast Cups

Hey Everyone!!

Hope you are having a great Monday and enjoyed the game last night.

I did my best not to pig out on all the yummy Super Bowl food but one thing to remember about having a healthy diet is moderation.

Today's Breakfast recipe is Make Ahead Breakfast Cups!

These are great if you are not a morning person like myself.

These are tiny and compact and you can eat them on the go.

For this you will need:



1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
4 cloves garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup frozen spinach (or fresh)
12 large eggs



First Chop your onions and peppers



Saute the garlic




Next, saute the peppers and onions




After your veggies cook down begin to add the spinach and allow it to cook down adding more as it does so.




After your veggies cook allow them to cool down. 
While they are cooling crack 6 eggs.
The recipe calls for 12 eggs but you will understand why I used only 6.





Take half of your veggies and put them in a seperate container and save them for another time. This recipe yields 18 cups.  I will not eat this many in one week so I cook what I need and save the extra for a later cooking day.

Make sure that before you add the other veggies to your eggs that you allow them to cool down. We don't want a scrambled egg cup.




After mixing it all together pour it into slightly greased muffin cups.

Cook at 350 degrees for 30 mins turning off the oven at the 25 min mark and allow them to sit for the last 5 mins in the extra heat.




All that's left to do is to enjoy.

Each "cup" is only 75 calories!!

You can place them in an airtight container or freeze them for future use.

Just warm them up when you need them.

Before I go since I didn't post on Sunday I just want to give a shout out to a wonderful person that recently started following me on Twitter.

Grant J. Clifford aka @wonderwench at http://anewimpressionism.blogspot.com/

Has a wonderful blog filled with all things creative! 

Jump on over to her blog and twitter and show some love!!!

Tell her that Laura at Creating Classy sent ya!!

Have a wonderful rest of the day!

Remember Phil. 4:13
God Bless,
XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for mentioning me, Laura!! :) So nice meeting you! The breakfast cups look SO good! I will definitely be trying them!

    ReplyDelete

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Photobucket

Sample Text