Ads 468x60px

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Dinnertime: Turkey Meatloaf

Happy Thursday Everyone!!

Today was spent studying, eating, and preparing for next weeks meals.

For lunch today I had a Chopstick Salad from Atlanta Bread Company!




So today for dinner I did a recipe makeover!

I am from the south and I love my southern comfort food. 

One of my all time favorites is Meatloaf.

So I decided to create a healthy alternative and I must say it turned out AMAZING!!



For this recipe you will need:





    16 oz ground turkey,
     1 cup red peppers, chopped
    1/2 medium-sized onion
    1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
    2 tsp worcestershire sauce
    1 tsp paprika
    1 tsp pepper, red or cayenne
    1 tbsp garlic powder
    1 tbsp onion powder
    Dash of salt
    1 tbsp low carb, reduced sugar tomato ketchup (optional)
     1 large egg
    1 tsp black pepper
    First chop up your pepper and onion
    If your onion was strong like mine was, employ the following tear free method of onion chopping! lol
    Then add your ground turkey into a bowl with the veggies.
    Next add your seasonings
    Then add your W Sauce

    Next add one egg



    Then add the cheese



    Then using the two best tools that a cook has, two clean hands, mix your ingredients all together.

    Then place the mixture in a loaf pan




    Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hr and 15 mins until the juices are clear.

    Serve up with a side salad and sweet potato and you can serve up a dish that would make your great-grandma proud!!

    And only 295 calories for a 4oz piece!!

    I hope you all enjoy this recipe!

    If you are looking for a great workout program I suggest you check out Bodyrock.tv!

    You can find them here!


    Now is a great time to join the at home workout movement because on Monday they will be starting a new 30 Day workout challenge.  I participated in January's 30 Day Challenge and I can truly say that I have never felt better!



    Check them out and if you do tell them that Creating Classy Blog sent you!

    Have a great day!

    See you tomorrow!!

    Remember Phil. 4:13
    God Bless
    XOXO,

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    Sample text

    Sample Text

    Photobucket

    Sample Text