Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Garlic Lemon Hummus

Greetings Everyone!

Happy 2012 to you all!

This year is going to be the best one yet.
So for your first recipe of the new year I bring you a healthy snack option. 

Garlic Lemon Hummus!

For this recipe you will need the following things..


Chickpeas
Garlic
Lemon (not pictured)
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper

This recipe can be tailored to your various tastes and is extremely versitile!

Lets get started!


Add all of the ingredients into your food processor.  I was able to make two batches with the four cans that I had pictured.

When adding your olive oil make sure you add it in small amounts at a time.  The olive oil will keep the hummus moving and blending smoothly.

Keep blending and adding olive oil until you get a smooth creamy consistancy.  Check your seasonings add more salt or pepper if need be.


Serve with fresh veggies or on a sandwich!
Hummus is one healthy treat packed with protein (Chickpeas) and healthy fats (Olive Oil)

ENJOY!!!!

Right now I have currently joined the youtube fitness craze Bodyrock.tv.  If you haven't joined yet you should.  I have already done it for 6 days and I am feeling better than I ever have. I have adopted a clean diet and I can now say that my love of cooking has grown in leaps and bounds.  The idea of creating something so yummy that is good for my body and will support my training schedule brings me so much joy and I encourage you to check it out!!

Check them out here

My BodyRock word of the day was LOVE!

What word motivates you?

God Bless
Remember Phil 4:13
XOXO,
Laura

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Photobucket

Sample Text