Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Climb Every Mountain: Adventures on the Appalachian Trail

For those of you who know me personally all know that I am a huge fan of Julie Andrews!

Julie and I
Summer of 2005

This is where the inspiration for my title came from..obviously!

I most recently went on a trip with a group of ten other people from my church on a crazy excursion on the Appalachian Trail.

And boy did we climb some mountains, every mountain to be exact.  We started at Carver's Gap and ended at the 19E pickup.  For a grand total of 13 miles in 2 days and 1 night!

It was a hard hike, one of the hardest that I have ever done.

But I had the love and encouragement of the group to help me make it to the end when I didn't think I could.

There are times in life that we face a mountain, literally or figuratively, and we think that there is no way to overcome it.

But, there is ALWAYS a way to overcome it!

God is always there to throw us a rope or even carry us the whole way when we need him to.

For those of you who are praying for my family thank you so much.  We can feel it!!

So I would now like to share with you some of the beautiful images that we were blessed to encounter.

*Proceed with Caution one picture is a tiny bit graffic but part of the experience when it comes to hiking*



                                       I had another one exactly like it on the other heel.
                                             






I am looking forward to the next trip!!

May God Bless You All!

Remember Phil. 4:13

XOXO,
Laura

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Photobucket

Sample Text